What do I do if I disagree with the SEND support?

If you disagree with the way school is supporting your child?

If you are not happy with anything the school does when dealing with your child, you should first talk to the teacher responsible for special educational needs or your child's class teacher. You may also talk to the SENCO or Headteacher.

SENCO - Mrs E Cornish  - senco@jhgodwin.cheshire.sch.uk

Headteacher - Mrs N Wetton - head@jhgodwin.cheshire.sch.uk

01244 259666

You may find it helpful to write down your worries before a meeting and, if you want to, you can take a friend or relative or your Named Person with you. A Named Person is someone who will help you to express your views and offer you support whenever you need it. You may also find it helpful to talk to other parents. Our school can provide the names of local voluntary organisations and parents' groups that might also be able to help.

If after speaking to the school, you remain concerned you may wish to contact the SEN Governor for the school, who is also our Chair of Governors Mrs Carol Gahan.


For further information please refer to our complaints policy available here.

The school will have a policy on how it handles complaints. You can find further information about school complaints on the Council's website if you are still not happy after using going through the school's complaints procedures.

If you disagree with a decision that has been made about your child?

Decisions around which setting a child attends, or the level of funded support they received are made by Cheshire West and Chesires SEN Team. 

If a decision has been made by the SEN Team that you disagree with or wish to challenge you need to contact them directly using the information below: 




There is also further support on The Local Offer website detailing outside agencies who work with families.

Parents can also seek independent support and advice through the Information Advice and Support Service by clicking here


Contact the School

J H Godwin Primary School

Melbourne Road
Headteacher: Mrs L Cartledge

Main Contact: If you would like to contact someone at school for help with anything please ring and speak to Mrs S Jefferson or Mrs K Bickerton in the office

Tel: 01244 259 666

SEN Contact: Mrs E Cornish SENDCO - via admin@jhgodwin.cheshire.sch.uk

Helpful Links